Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm hurrying, we'll begin boarding soon...

Such lovely friends to visit...
Outlets for plugs in surgery theatre
A dead pangolin was found on the property! (Nepalese anteater-relative of the armadillo)
Deb sent me her first quilt to help stay warm!
New years at the chandlers
Arden Olivia, day1
Anandaban is the tiny white speck of buildings on the hill in the middle. Kathmandu is the valley city behind. The himalayas are visible in the distant back. A valley of farms, brick kilns and gravel pits lies below anandaban. Beautiful!!
Holly giving lessons in cake decoration
Elisa and a slug (part of the exponential upsurge of critters post monsoon)

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Hi Deanna, My name is Kathi Evans. I live just south of Philadelphia. I attend Calvary Chapel of Delaware County and I'm a registered nurse certified in inpatient obstetrics. My husband and I are at the end of the process of starting a non-profit missions ministry that will financially support long-term medical clinics in under developed and developing countries as well as taking teams to those clinics to do periodic intensive medical camps. The Lord has led us to begin in Hyderabad, India. I just began a blog of my own about our ministry the web address is: http://frommourningtomission.blogspot.com/ The ministry was "born" out of a book I wrote about a baby that my husband and I lost several years ago. I wrote the book to help other couples through a similar loss and we've committed the proceeds from the book to missions. I also have a myspace about the book and the ministry whose address is: myspace.com/touchinglivesministry. My church is sponsoring a medical mission to Nepal that I will participate in from March 21 - April 5. We're partnering with a ministry called PUMA that operates a girls and boys orphanage in Kathmandu. PUMA also has long-term clinics in (I'm sure I won't spell the names correctly) Sera Bazar, Nepalgunz, Ari Pokhari and a couple others. I thought I would introduce myself since we're going to be in "your neck of the woods" soon. May God bless you as you labor for the Master! Kathi