Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It has been 2 years since April 14th 2007

April 14, 2007 was 2 years ago. Aubrey celebrated his first birthday party in the Chandler home. That was the day Ms. Donna said, “Maybe it is time for you to go on the mission field.” The next day google in a matter of seconds unexpectedly led to a shocking job description. A week later, I found out about friends who’d dreamt dreams about things it was impossible for them to have known. Two weeks after that, an application was emailed to TLM. In July 2007, I interviewed in London and then began the blog. By September, I’d left the US. By mid-December, I was in Nepal. It still blows my mind sometimes to wake up here, to see some of things I see, do some of things I do and to be with the people here. God definitely is an awesome story writer, has a great sense of humor and obviously has longsuffering patience for those kept clueless. He’s the best of managers.

 

This picture is of Anshu (for Americans, pronounced more like aung-shoe). Her parents moved onto the compound at the beginning of the year. Her mom is the pastoral counselor in the hospital.  She will be 4 in June. This pic was taken when she stopped singing and dancing in the rain long enough for me to get a straight shot. Sorry you cannot see the dancing video. J  

No comments: