Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stupid monkey eating my trash on my wall in my yard

I had to leave to go into town overnight for a meeting a few weeks ago. Moments before leaving, I had heard the familiar rustling on my back porch. I had shaken the sling shot at him, so he backed away from the trash can maybe 20-30 feet. Then he ignored me as he took his time and enjoyed whatever it was he’d stolen. I knew when I left in a few minutes, he’d just go back. It made me so frustrated, I drug my outside trash can into the kitchen and locked the door. On a compound, however, it did not take long for someone to notice that the trash can was missing from behind my house and rumors started that it had been stolen. Someone broke the news to me the following day. Such is compound life. It’s way tighter than any neighborhood watch program. Don’t ask about the wet spot on the wall. These past few weeks he’s been missing. He showed up with a companion just as the kids were released for a month’s holiday. The boys (and guys) like to practice their slingshot skills. He just climbs up high in the pines out of range. Maybe he has moved on until next season, maybe…

No comments: