Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Week 7

Hey Everyone, It is now the seventh week since I left Baton Rouge. This week I have had to miss a couple days of classes at ANCC and go into London to attend a Management Training Seminar. How many personality tests have I taken? Don't ask! The International night went well Saturday. They ate all the Mississippi mud. :) A wonderful package arrived from my great aunt and uncle containing Tony's and the instant pudding mix right before I began cooking - so that was great. The British call any warm dessert a pudding; however, they do not really have the one thing Americans would call pudding. The closest thing is custard, but it is thinner and only comes in vanilla to be poured over cake (until it is literally swimming in the bowl). Classes are going well, with plenty of information. During week 10, each of the En Route class has to give a presentation on a culture or country addressing the topics presented during the course. When I came into London last night, I was taken to a Nepali restaurant. It was very good and I enjoyed talking with the owners and employees (from Kathmandu and Pokhara). Well, this will be just a short update - as it is coming from an internet cafe. Your newsy emails are a treat to receive. Thank you for your prayers. I really do appreciate them. Alot of what is happening is transitional right now, and there are times I miss people terribly - not to say anything is 'wrong' here - it's just that I miss those who are no longer near. But God in His gentleness has provided a good place and season of time for beginning culture shock in a very supportive environment that is also providing much preparatory training as well as with many others who are going through it or have gone through it. It is a kindness. He is very good.

No comments: